Thursday, June 4, 2009

Going back to our roots, for lunch

.


I know, I'm not supposed to be blogging. :P


But I'm just soo bored of studying and I've recently developed this weird urge or habit of blogging. Haha, more like a phase actually.



Oh well.


*


Took my mom out last Sunday for her belated birthday lunch :D We had dim sum at West Lake Garden @ Sunway hotel.



The food was not bad I guess but I still prefer the dim sum at Sheraton and the durian dessert at Sheraton Imperial! :)



I told my mom that we'd take her to Sheraton Imperial cos the food was alright the last time we went and plus it's in KL, and I love going there for some weird reason. My logic? Going somehwere far is nice, the long drive and the excuse to dress up! :D


It's not that I can't dress up on a normal basis when I'm not going somewhere as far as Kl but the fact that I'm going to KL just makes it more fun and worth it for me to dress up. Nvm, hehe I don't think I'm making much sense.



There was like a choice of buffet or ala carte but we went for ala carte instead cos my mom insisted that buffet is usually wasted on me and my sis cos we don't eat that much. Well, especially for me cos I usually save space in my tummy and attack the dessert bar/section! Hehe, I love desserts! :D


I beg to differ btw, I eat a lot okay! Especially if the food is good.




My mom and sis




My jasmine tea! Hehe soo cute right? The flower's like inside the tea :D













Oh hehe, and during lunch I started having a small coughing spell (cos I'm still a lil sick) and a group of older people sitting next to us starting shooting me dirty looks. They probably thought I had swine flu or something. Hehe, oops.







The unagi roll, which is my fav dish amongst all of them, and some almond flakes thingy with shrimp and scallop i think






*loves* Hehe i love unagi. Everytime when I'm like having sushi with Cheryl, she'd go eww when I order unagi. Haha, she hates fish. Hence, roasted eel is no exception. But then again, that's how I feel when she eats octopus. *scrunches nose*










The siew mai with scallop on top *loves* Haha, nearly everything we ordered had scallop in it. Yay :)





The waitress recommended this but it was okayy only









Some dish with asparagus and hmm, scallop I think? Haha




Some radish cake thingy I think





There was a lady playing an old chinese instrument while we were eating :)





I was taking the wine shop behind my sis but my lousy phone cam tak jadi, there is no zoom :(






The dessert. The thingy on the right is the durian puff which is pretty nice and the bowl of dessert on the left is pretty icky :( Tasted like antibiotics.





After lunch, I wanted to walk around the hotel but the lobby is soo sad. It was so empty. I mean, usually hotels have like nice deco or sprawling chandeliers or the lobby at least looks nice.




Haha, I think this might have been the most interesting deco in the lobby!







Love my belt *loves* Finally, my sis fixed it up for me :) My skirt looks alil poofy or yeah, my hips/thighs looks bigger here but that's cause I wore another layer of tutu over my skirt okay! *defensive* You can't really see it here due to my lousy phone camera :(






There!
See baby, this is how I wore my tutu skirt when I got that wtf stare from that mean old man at Mid Valley! Boo :(



Oh well, all in all, lunch was ookay only though. The food was alright but honestly, in my opinion, nothing fantastic. My fav dish was the unagi :)



And I wore my new blazer to uni today haha.

A friend saw me and she laughed and said 'Even your belt is studded!' Hehe :P



Anyways, I better go study. Haha, I've proscrastinated and put off accounting and management long enough already :( Boo.





*

Oh and on a completely random note, the 24th of May, I received a lil something from Down Under :)



Thanks baby! I love you. *loves*








ps : The boyfriend has currently finished studying one subject for his finals and seems pretty confident for the rest of his subjects and I havent even finished studying half of one subject much less completed my audio-visual exam!!! Omg, how??!!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment